Are you passionate about research and dreaming of studying at Purdue Engineering? The university is the right place for you to enroll. In this article, you will get to know Purdue Engineering acceptance rate. They offer courses like Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Business Management, Industrial Engineering, etc. It will amaze you to know the graduation rate at Purdue University is 78%. Besides the acceptance rate, you will know the application deadline, requirements, and undergraduate and graduate rates.
Reasons to Study at Purdue University
Purdue University has made name for itself and it had led to them rubbing shoulders with other big schools. The university has credibility and if you graduate from this school, it will increase your chances of securing good jobs from top recruiters. In many countries, recruiters are searching for competent hands to employ in their firms.
Being a student at this university offers you more connections and networks with key leaders in your area of specialization. Purdue University has diverse opportunities for its students to network with fellow students, lecturers, friends, and many others. We have alumni craving to network with their colleagues to share their life experiences to motivate others.
Basic Tips to Get Admission into Purdue University
If you are preparing to join the list of successful candidates, it is advisable to know the following:
- They don’t offer interviews, therefore you can use your essay and letters of recommendation to win the school admission officers.
- The school places preference on demonstrated interest in their admission process. It implies you may have an upper hand connecting through social networks, visiting campus, emailing the school admission officer, etc.
- The Early Action Deadline is November 1, while the Regular Decision deadline is January 15.
- Dedicate adequate time and energy to address these questions – discuss your reasons for choosing your course, share more light about your work experience or extracurricular activities, and what ignited your interest to study at Purdue University?
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Course
Students should meet these requirements for their course of study:
- Passport size photographs need to be submitted
- Official academic transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- English Proficiency tests such as TOEFL, SAT, IELTS, ACT, etc.
If a student has written a standardized test, they can attach the test results to their submission. Also, some programs want students to sit for a specific standardized test. For instance, students can consult the school through their website. The rehired GPA score is 3.5.
Required Documents for Undergraduate Courses
- Statement of Purpose
- GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- English test results (IELTS/TOFEL)
- Students must submit a formative test result either SAT or ACT
- Letter of recommendation
- A valid passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Visa related documents
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Courses
Students must meet the school requirements:
- English Proficiency
- Recommendation letters
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Passport size photographs
- Bachelor’s academic transcripts
NB: For all graduate programs at Krannert, it is preferable to have a GMAT score of 500.
Required Documents for Graduate Courses
- GMAT & GRE score
- English language Proficiency
- Purdue essay
- Personal history
- Nonacademic achievements
What is the SAT Score for Admission into Purdue University?
The school demands its applicants to be among the top 27% of SAT candidates. The university always reduces SAT score to 1180 on a 1600 scale for an admission to be seen as a reach. On the other hand, some students could be offered admission with a score of 1300. The school is ranking #3 in Indiana as the highest with an average SAT composite score. The competitive SAT score is 76% of the number of applicants submitting their SAT scores.
What is the ACT Score for Admission into Purdue University?
The admission data for the school shows the school accepts applicants with an ACT score of 25% and above. Most of their successful candidates send ACT scores among the top 22% worldwide. The school accepts minimum ACT composite scores of around 22%. Prospective candidates submitting their ACT score of 28 will be in the upper half of applicants.
Some Courses at Purdue University
These are some of the courses at Purdue University:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Aviation management
- American studies
- Computer Science
- Engineering technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear engineering
- Women’s, gender, and sexuality studies
Purdue Engineering Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate at Purdue University is 58%, while the SAT and ACT scores are 1210/1440 respectively. International students hoping to gain admission must meet the requirements of both school and the United States government. It is important to submit the retired documents for either Undergraduate or Graduate admission.
Other Interesting Contents
- Graduate VS Undergraduate: What Difference Does it Make?
- List of Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering
- Updated List of Best Colleges in Australia
Purdue University has shown many years of credibility by not compromising its educational standards. You only need to know the requirements to possess for your application to be successful. Both indigenes and international students have always felt comfortable studying here.