Vivekananda College is one of the most prestigious colleges in India. It was founded in 1887 by Swami Vivekananda, one of the most influential spiritual leaders of the 19th century. The college is located in Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal. It is affiliated with the University of Calcutta and offers courses in arts, science, and commerce.
Benefits of Studying at Vivekananda College
There are many benefits to studying at Vivekananda College. The college has an excellent academic reputation and is ranked among the top colleges in India. It also has a strong tradition of producing successful alumni, many of whom have gone on to have successful careers in various fields.
The college provides its students with a well-rounded education and exposes them to different cultures and traditions. This is because the student body at Vivekananda College is quite diverse, with students coming from all over India and from different socio-economic backgrounds.
Another benefit of studying at Vivekananda College is that it offers its students ample opportunities to get involved in extracurricular activities. There are many clubs and societies that students can join, and the college also organizes various events and functions throughout the year. This allows students to develop their leadership skills and network with people from all walks of life.
Read also: List of Top Colleges in Bangalore to Consider
Eligible Criteria to Study at Vivekananda College
To study at Vivekananda College, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of India.
- You must have completed 12 years of schooling from a recognized board or university.
- You must have secured at least 60% marks in your qualifying examination.
- You must be proficient in English.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to Vivekananda College:
- You must have completed 12 years of schooling.
- You must also have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in your 10+2 examinations.
- If you are a foreign national, you must have a valid student visa.
- You will need to submit your transcripts and other documents as required by the college.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the Vivekananda College:
- You must have completed your undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- You must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
- You must have studied the relevant subject at the undergraduate level to be considered for admission.
NB: The selection process for admission to the college is based on the marks scored in the qualifying examination, followed by an interview.
Courses Offered at Vivekananda College
Vivekananda College offers a variety of courses in arts, science, and commerce. The college has a long tradition of excellence in academics and is one of the most prestigious colleges in India. The college is located in Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal. It is affiliated with the University of Calcutta.
The art courses offered at Vivekananda College include English, Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit, History, Political Science, Philosophy, and Economics. The science courses offered include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. The commerce courses offered include Accounting, Finance, and Marketing.
What’s the Admission Process at Vivekananda College?
The admission process at Vivekananda College is quite competitive. Every year, thousands of students from all over India apply to the college. The selection process is based on the student’s performance in the entrance examination and their academic record. The college offers a limited number of seats, so not everyone who applies will get in.
To apply to Vivekananda College, you must first take the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE). This is a statewide exam that all students wishing to study at a college in West Bengal must take. The WBJEE is held every year in May. Once you have taken the WBJEE, you can apply to Vivekananda College.
The college has an online application system that you can use to submit your application. You will need to provide your details, academic records, and contact information. You will also need to upload a photo of yourself. Once you have submitted your application, you will be given a unique ID number.
You will then need to pay the application fee, which is currently Rs. 500 for general category students and Rs. 250 for SC/ST category students. The fee can be paid online or through a challan at any branch of the State Bank of India (SBI). After your application has been processed, you will be given a date for an entrance examination. The entrance examination consists of two parts: an objective test and a subjective test.
Notable Alumni at Vivekananda College
These are just a few of the many notable alumni who have attended Vivekananda College. The college has a long and proud history of producing some of the most influential people in India. Vivekananda College has produced some of the most notable alumni in India. Some of the most famous alumni include:
- Swami Vivekananda: One of the most influential spiritual leaders of the 19th century. Founded Vivekananda College in 1887.
- Subhas Chandra Bose: One of the most important leaders of the Indian independence movement. He was a student at Vivekananda College from 1909 to 1911.
- Rabindranath Tagore: Nobel Prize-winning poet and author. Attended Vivekananda College from 1883 to 1886.
- Amartya Sen: Nobel Prize-winning economist. He was a student at Vivekananda College from 1953 to 1955.
Other Interesting Contents
- List of Best Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai
- Law College Dehradun Review and Requirements
- Updated List of Top Medical Colleges in Punjab
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the admission process for Vivekananda College?
- The admission process for Vivekananda College is very competitive. Students must first take an entrance exam, and then they will be selected based on their score on the exam. The college also looks at the student’s previous academic record and their extracurricular activities.
- What are the tuition fees for Vivekananda College?
- The tuition fees for Vivekananda College are very affordable. The college offers scholarships and financial aid to students who cannot afford the full tuition.
- What are the facilities available at Vivekananda College?
- Vivekananda College has a wide range of facilities that students can use. These include a library, a computer lab, a gymnasium, and a swimming pool. Also, the college has a hostel for students who live far away from Kolkata