Are you looking for a university with a high acceptance rate? Look no further than Lakehead University! With an acceptance rate of nearly 90%, Lakehead is one of the most welcoming universities in Canada. Located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Lakehead offers a variety of programs and degrees to choose from. So if you’re looking for an institution with great academics and a high chance of getting in, look no further than Lakehead University!
History of Lakehead University
Lakehead University was founded in 1965, and since then, we’ve been providing students with a quality education. Located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Lakehead offers a variety of programs and degrees to choose from. Its mall class sizes and experienced faculty mean that students can get the attention they need to succeed. The school has an acceptance rate of nearly 90%, and it is one of the most welcoming universities in Canada. Therefore, if you’re looking for an institution with great academics and a high chance of getting in, look no further than Lakehead University!
Benefits of Studying at Lakehead University
There are many benefits to studying at Lakehead University:
- The school has a very high acceptance rate, meaning that your chances of getting in are quite good.
- offers a variety of programs and degrees to choose from, so you can find the perfect fit for your needs.
- The school is also located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, which is a beautiful area with plenty to do.
- Lakehead has great academics, so you can be sure that you’re getting a quality education.
Read also: Today’s Big Q: Why Study in Canada?
Tips to Gain Admission into Lakehead University
Getting into any university can be a competitive process, but with a high acceptance rate like Lakehead University, your chances of getting in are greatly increased! Here are some tips to help you get accepted into this top Canadian institution:
- Start by ensuring you meet the basic requirements for admission. Lakehead University requires that you have a minimum 70% average in your high school courses. If you’re not quite there, try improving your grades in your final year of high school or taking some upgrading courses.
- Once you’ve met the academic requirements, take a look at the extra-curricular requirements. Lakehead University is looking for well-rounded students who have been involved in their communities. Demonstrate your leadership and involvement through your application and essay.
- When it comes time to write your essays, be honest, original, and personal. The admissions committee wants to get to know you as a person, so make sure your essay reflects your unique personality and experiences.
- Don’t forget to submit all required documentation on time! Make sure you have everything ready to go before the deadline so that your application is complete and can be reviewed by the admissions committee.
Undergraduate Requirements for Lakehead University
To be eligible for admission to Lakehead University, you must have a high school diploma or equivalent. You’ll also need to submit your transcripts, as well as a personal essay and letters of recommendation. The admissions team will also consider your extracurricular activities, work experience, and volunteer work. If you meet all of the above requirements, you should have no problem getting into Lakehead University!
Postgraduate Requirements for Lakehead University
To be eligible for admission into a postgraduate program at Lakehead University, you must first have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution. In addition, you must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 in your last two years of study.
If you meet these requirements, you can then submit your application along with all supporting documentation. Once your application has been reviewed, you may be asked to attend an interview. Successful completion of the interview process will result in your admission into the postgraduate program of your choice at Lakehead University!
Lakehead University Tuition Fee
The cost of tuition at Lakehead University varies depending on the program you choose. For example, arts and sciences programs are less expensive than business or engineering programs. In general, Lakehead University is a relatively affordable university, with tuition fees ranging from $6,000 to $8,000 per year. There are also several scholarships and bursaries available to help offset the cost of tuition.
Notable alumni at Lakehead University
Lakehead University has produced some notable alumni over the years. Some of these alumni have gone on to have successful careers in a variety of fields. Here are just a few of the notable alumni that Lakehead University can boast about:
John Ralston Saul: A philosopher and writer, John Ralston Saul is best known for his book, The Unconscious Civilization. He is also a recipient of the Order of Canada.
Norman Jewison: A film director, producer, and actor, Norman Jewison is best known for films such as The Thomas Crown Affair and Moonstruck. He is also a recipient of the Order of Canada.
Roberta Bondar: An astronaut and physician, Roberta Bondar was the first Canadian woman in space. She has also written several books about her experience as an astronaut.
Peter Mansbridge: The chief correspondent for CBC News, Peter Mansbridge is one of the most recognizable faces on Canadian television. He has won several awards for his work in journalism.
Other Interesting Contents
- List of Top Medical Schools in California to Consider
- Steps (with Samples) to Write a Scholarship Cover Letter
- List of Fully-Funded Canadian University Scholarships
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the acceptance rate at Lakehead University?
- Nearly 90% of applicants are accepted to Lakehead University, making it one of the most welcoming universities in Canada. No matter what your academic background may be, you have a great chance of getting into Lakehead.
- What programs and degrees do Lakehead University offer?
- Lakehead offers a variety of programs and degrees to choose from, so you’re sure to find something that interests you. Whether you’re looking for a traditional degree program or something more unique, you’ll find it at Lakehead.
- What are the tuition costs at Lakehead University?
- Tuition rates vary depending on the program you choose and whether you’re a domestic or international student. However, Lakehead is generally considered to be an affordable university, with rates comparable to other schools in Ontario.